Quality Engineer –
Quality Assurance Engineer – executes and manages ISO 9000 services quality program including leading and directing the staff in quality assurance activities in a way which satisfies the aviation industry standards, the FAA and customer specific requirements. Other responsibilities include participating in design meetings and reviews, development and maintaining FAA approved development processes and procedures, conducting process audits, and managing corrective actions to ensure compliance and consistency across design and manufacturing teams; coordinating incoming material inspection to final quality assurance inspection of manufactured products; development of quality reporting measures; conducting audits and interfacing with suppliers and customer quality representatives.
- Degree in a technical discipline or five plus years of related experience, including three (3) years of quality engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills, knowledge of MS Office, and proficiency with database design and interpretation
- Six Sigma experience highly desirable
- Other requirements include knowledge of cost and materials management and a background in commercial and military contracts